PanAust Limited is a leading copper-gold producer in Southeast Asia. The company is registered on the Australian Securities Exchange and is a constituent of the benchmark S&P/ASX 200 Index. PanAust has its headquarters in Brisbane and holds mineral assets in the Lao PDR and Thailand. The Company’s major asset is the 2,636 square kilometre Phu Bia Contract Area located in the Lao PDR. PanAust's interests in Laos are held via the Lao-registered company, Phu Bia Mining Limited (PBM). The Government of Laos has exercised a right to acquire a 10% interest in PBM. PanAust owns the remaining 90%. The Lao Government acquisition cost will be funded through its 10% share of future dividends paid by PBM.
Within the Phu Bia Contract Area, lies the Phu Kham Operation which comprises the large low-cost Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation and a Heap Leach gold operation. Production of copper-gold concentrate at Phu Kham commenced in April 2008, transforming the Company into a significant copper concentrate producer. In addition to these two mineral assets, PanAust has identified several promising exploration targets within its Lao Contract Area and is undertaking a feasibility study at the Ban Houayxai gold-silver deposit. In northern Thailand, PanAust is undertaking a feasibility study at the Puthep Copper Project. The Company can earn a 51% interest in the Project by completing the study and has further options to acquire a total 60% to 70% interest. As at 31 December 2008, PanAust had a 33.17% interest in the Puthep Copper Project and, subject to a confirmatory audit, a right to a shareholding of 49%.
Currently we are looking for a bright, high achiever individual, capable of providing a professional performance with self integrity and good teamwork mindset to fulfill the vacancies of
- Have significant experience in mining or similar heavy industry, including recent experience at Superintendent level
- Demonstrated experience implementing best practice safety systems and processes
- Current knowledge of international safety and risk standards
- Min Diploma Degree or Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience developing safety training programs
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to supporting the growth of National employees – experience in a developing country is ideal
- Develop overarching safety policy & safety management plan, consistent with corporate guidance and standards
- Identify and implement the safety systems that foster a safe work culture
- Develop safety skills of employees through training programs focusing on hazard identification/risk assessment, incident investigation, safety inspections etc
- Facilitate incident investigation processes and assist management with recommended course of action to prevent future occurrence
- Develop and implement a suitable occupational health monitoring program and medical and emergency response
- Develop reporting procedures including incident reporting, statistical reporting etc
- Conduct regular reviews and audits of Phu Bia employees and our contractors
If you think that you are really the right person to fill this challenging position, please send your application, CV and recent photograph to: Recruitment.Expatriate@pbm.panaust.com put code BHX– E0033 – Safety Superintendent
Phu Bia Mining Limited,
Sokpaluang Road, House No 218, Unit 12,
Sisatthanak, Vientiane Lao PDR
Foir more info visit www.panaust.com.au , Lowongan Tambang Phu Bia Mining deadline 17 June 2011.